VMware Cloud Community
cyriltam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

license problem

HI all

I got a problem in the virtual centre2.5. I have an enterprise licesne, but when i turn the vm power on, there is shown that "there are not enough licenses install to perform operation"

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wondab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is this a new install or an upgrade?

Did you check the license server configuration to see whether you are pointing to the right license file? Did you try rescanning the license file and restarting the hostd service ( service mgmt-vmware restart)? Did you open the license file to see what numbers of ESX, VMotion,etc licneses you indeed purchased? Was the license file edited recently? Did you check in the licensing section of the cluster to see what number of licenses show as "out" in comparison to the number of hosts?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wondab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is this a new install or an upgrade?

Did you check the license server configuration to see whether you are pointing to the right license file? Did you try rescanning the license file and restarting the hostd service ( service mgmt-vmware restart)? Did you open the license file to see what numbers of ESX, VMotion,etc licneses you indeed purchased? Was the license file edited recently? Did you check in the licensing section of the cluster to see what number of licenses show as "out" in comparison to the number of hosts?

0 Kudos
bggb29
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

In order tor a vm to power up the server needs to see it's license.

Your image does show powered up guests. But what is not seen is are these powered on guests on both esx servers or one esx server.

If the vm guests are not powering up on only one host go to the configuration of that host and check the licenses, is it showing that it

is licensed. Guests will not power up unless the esx server is licensed.