VMware Cloud Community
seceti
Contributor
Contributor

ibm directory agent and hardware health on x445 with esx 3.5 and VC 2.5

Hi folks, i have several ibm x445 that are parts of vmware cluster, in new version of virtual infrastructure 3 i saw the possibilitie to monitor and show several hardware components via CIM, esx3 provide pegasus to do this but dosent work on my x445 server.

My question is, is it possible integrate pegasus with ibm-director agent to display hardware charateristics on vc client?

if yes, could someone pint me to some doc

Many thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeremypage
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We had some bad experiences with Director under ESX (5.20 I think). I'd be very wary about installing it. If you have the RSA/ASM cards in your boxes you can query them for health information instead of installing the software in your SC.

If you are hard set to do it I believe the RPMs will install.

0 Kudos
seceti
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i have rsa2 cards on my server, but i would like to see hardware sensor directly onto virtual center, if i go on cofiguration tabs for host i cant see any hardware healt or sensors health , but i dont know lf there is some issue to fix or some configuration to do it

Is the same if i watch host clicking on cluster in inventory , i see name state and status, but under hardware health i saw not available, but i dnot know if is not available because service console can not collect info, or for some other reason

Many thanks, and sorry for my english

0 Kudos
jeremypage
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

odd, my x3850m2's just show up. Have you made certain you are at the latest firmware etc? I don't think you should have to do anything assuming that the x445 supports the CIM interface. You certainly don't need to install Director, at least we didn't on our boxes. You are using 3.5u3?

0 Kudos
seceti
Contributor
Contributor

now i have update to u3 version, is still booting now, at the end of the process, il'try to see what happen

0 Kudos
seceti
Contributor
Contributor

Now it seems working, but i see only few things like processor and software like hypervisor, it would be nice to add some proprietary counter via mof files, but i dont know how to add and play with it

0 Kudos