VMware Cloud Community
wisnia2
Contributor
Contributor

how to install esx 3.5 Update 5 on dell PE R710 ?

Hi,

I've got problem with installation of esx 3.5 on my dell pe r710. Installation doesn't see perc H700 raid controller and it cannot be continue. When I tried to used Dell Systems Build 6.1 (which support esx 3.5 u4) there is problem with raid configuration which is not visible as well. I've downloaded Dell Systems Build version 6.3 but this version doesn't support esx 3.5 but only 4 and 4.1. Now I'm really confused and I have no idea how to fix this problem.

Please help

Regards

Tom

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Is there any chance you can move to ESX 4.0 U1 or higher? The H700 is not listed on the HCL for 3.5, but it is for 4.0 U1 and later.

Good Luck!

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
wisnia2
Contributor
Contributor

I've installed version ESX 4.1 without a problem. Vmware support confirmed that esx 3.5 is not supported on dell r700 (perc h700). So problem sorted.

0 Kudos
whopeman
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am currently having the same issues with installing ESX 3.5 on the R710 model server with eth PERC H700 RAID array. I note that it is not in the HCL as mentioned in your reply, but I am currently unalbe to upgrade to 4.0 U1 or later. I have requirements for running 3.5. Is there a possible solution to this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos