VMware Cloud Community
abaum
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

hostd.log question

So here I am just reviewing various log files and I come across a daily entry for esxExpress. It's actually an error msg that says:

'ha-license-manager' 14732208 error ProcessErrorStatus: Unable to GetCounts for 'esxExpress' feature : Status : 3 : Message : Major errno: -5 Minor errno: 412

I don't have esxExpress, nor have I ever installed/used it. Why is HA (or license mgr) looking for it?

adam

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petedr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I believe the hostd messages that talk about 'esxExpress' features are VMware messages related to ESX Starter Edition and its licensing. I don't exactly what the exact message you has means though.

It is not related to out backup product which is esXpress.

Pete@esXpress

www.thevirtualheadline.com www.liquidwarelabs.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petedr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I believe the hostd messages that talk about 'esxExpress' features are VMware messages related to ESX Starter Edition and its licensing. I don't exactly what the exact message you has means though.

It is not related to out backup product which is esXpress.

Pete@esXpress

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The similar line from my server is below. As poster said, you may have starter license enabled? Not sure, but it appears that point in the process is trying to get requisite processor number licenses.

Acquire: Attempting to acquire license for feature: esxFull, need qty=2 licenses

Acquire: Attempting to acquire license for feature: backup, need qty=2 licenses

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
petedr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

thanks, we have been asked that question before which is why I knew that were associated with ESX Starter.

Pete

0 Kudos