VMware Cloud Community
kaashifVTech
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

host address lookup

Hi,

Few days back i have configured a VI using CX4-120 as shared storage and 2 x Dell 2950. things are working fine. but from last one day I am getting this error when i do access console of any Virtual Machine.

"Error Connecting: Host address lookup for <Server> failed: The requested name is valid and was found in database, but it does not have the correct assosiated data being resolved for"

After digging it out I came on a point that this error might be coming becasue of DNS unavailability. Anyone please confirm me about my guess, becasue we havn't configured DNS in this enviornment intentionally.

Thanks and Regards,

KM

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lightbulb
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yeah DNS would seem to be your issue. If you are not going to configure DNS you will have to make lhost entries. It might just be eaiser to create a list of hosts for everything in your network and add this to each VM, ESX host and remote client/ VC server.

You realy should have DNS for your ESX env as you are going to have nothing but issues without it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Lightbulb
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Yeah DNS would seem to be your issue. If you are not going to configure DNS you will have to make lhost entries. It might just be eaiser to create a list of hosts for everything in your network and add this to each VM, ESX host and remote client/ VC server.

You realy should have DNS for your ESX env as you are going to have nothing but issues without it.

0 Kudos