pauliew1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

esxpress restore question

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have just started using the free edition of esxpress and have been really impressed with it so far. However I do have a few questions which hopefully someone might be able to answer. I did a full backup of a vm yesterday and then decided to test out the restore feature. I deleted the original vm from the lun and then went into the restoration menu option in esxpress. I did a full restore of both vm files. I noticed that there are deltas as well. So I then dutifully started to restore a delta. However it looks like it is doing a full restore again? (it is taking a lot of time). Does anyone have any quick steps on how to restore a vm using esxpress if you have backed up a vm, deleted the original and want to get it working again?

I noticed it doesn't restore the configuration files just the disks when you do a full restore. How do you go about restoring these files or recreating them so you can use your vmdk files?

thanks in advance

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petedr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Their support board is really good, responses are veru quick and informative. Probably the best place for specific questions about the esXpress product.

www.thevirtualheadline.com www.liquidwarelabs.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pauliew1978
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

doh!

just found the restore documentation!!!!

0 Kudos
petedr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Their support board is really good, responses are veru quick and informative. Probably the best place for specific questions about the esXpress product.

0 Kudos
petedr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

thanks for the correct

0 Kudos