VMware Cloud Community
daysleeper
Contributor
Contributor

esx server license

Hi to all,

i have an esx server 3.5 with a 2003 server running on it, the evaluation period is outdated and i need to reboot the guest os.

I can do that? If the license is outdated the problem with the restart is only with the host operating system and not the guest one right?!

The guys of vmware support still not answer for the license code i have requested but i need to restart the guest os. HEEEELLPPP_°°°°°

0 Kudos
5 Replies
gary1012
Expert
Expert

Sorry, but you probably won't be able to restart the machine as the license is expired.

Community Supported, Community Rewarded - Please consider marking questions answered and awarding points to the correct post. It helps us all.
0 Kudos
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can quickly install virtualcenter on a physical machine with default settings and make use of the 90 day trial license and add your ESX hosts into that.

in the worst case use VMware workstation / player on your desktop to create a virtual machine with virtual center installed on that.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

gary is right - if the license is expired you will not be able to retart the virtual machine-

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

and because the license has been expired and you cannot restart your guest os anymore because it refuses to boot..

you have to create a workaround, just like i mentioned with a tempory virtual center install.. just use all the defaults this is a quickly setup.

0 Kudos
daysleeper
Contributor
Contributor

Tnx dmaster now i try this workaround and i let you know!

Thanks to all!

0 Kudos