VMware Cloud Community
stexlollo
Contributor
Contributor

esx replicator from san to das

Hello,i'm italian sorry for my bad english...

i will have a p100 with 2 host esx standard (non VCB only vcbmounter basic future i think), and 1 host das with a raid 5 scsi 4 disk 15k with esx starter.i can actually backup within VM with Veritas Backup software, but i do not know if i can use the same backup software version 9.1 to hot backup VM with a linux (free or not) agent for esx 3.1

with GSX and veritas linux agent, hot buckup VM was little ok (a part of where VM was a DC or DB server).Now i try to install new linux agent, i see the agent in veritas manager, but i see only linux partition not vmfs ones.

So my question is whic best practise for my situation for hot replicate VM without script or manually mangement, from iscsi SAN to a DAS esx starter in the same LAN (but in a bunker site in the same building)?

i thought about ESX Replistore more than ESX ranger pro.any other hot replication tools?

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MR-T
Immortal
Immortal

ESXReplicator will do exactly what you want here.

For keeping VM's up to date with a very easy management front end, I'd suggest this.

If you want to save money, then there are various methods of scripting this, but you need to understand what you're doing.

0 Kudos
stexlollo
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

sorry i meen replicator...not replistore.

Anyway there are any particular suggestions when a production VM fails and i must start the replicated VM in the esx starter within the same production lan and subnet?

Esx replicator hot replicates the VM without data corrupt?For example domain cntroller, sql database,exchange 2003 database and so on?

thank for your suggestions...

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
stexlollo
Contributor
Contributor

Another question:

i do not have VC in my business, i can install esxreplicator also without that.

i will have 2 esx standard edition with iscsi san and 1 esx starter edition in das, any problem with esx replicator without VC?

0 Kudos