VMware Cloud Community
mtittle
Contributor
Contributor

datastore browser upload and download not working

Has anyone experienced issues with the datastore browser's upload and download functions not working? I have an ESXi 3.5 U2 server connected to a SAN. Using the VI client installed on my Windows XP workstation, I can browse and view the files and folders stored on the SAN, but when I try to upload or download to \ from the SAN nothing happens. For example, when I try to upload a file, I can browse to and select a file located on my local workstation, but when I click "Ok" to upload the file nothing happens...no error message, no file upload status bar...nothing.

If anyone else has experienced this problem and resolved it, I'd love to hear the resolution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_Gao
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This may not be the exact answer you're looking for - but a really good alternative is using Veem FastSCP:

http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-fastscp.html

It's fast / easy to use (it has nice GUI unlike regular SCP) and it's free. Smiley Happy

I've always found that the built-in VI Client's transfer to be slow (even for small files).

mtittle
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I figured I was going to have to stick with using an SCP tool...and I have been able to SCP successfully with ESXi. It's just annoying that the datastore browser upload \ download isn't working.

0 Kudos