VMware Cloud Community
engr_root
Contributor
Contributor

copying VM between esx 3.0 serevers

Hi All,

I am trying to copy some VMS between VMWARE ESX 3.0 servers this metod seems to work: /usr/sbin/vcbMounter -h engr-vserv1.usask.ca -u root -p <password> -a moref:704 -r scp://root@128.233.22.225:/vmfs/volumes/storage1/EngrMoodleVM

however the scp method seems to ,by default ave it to /tmp/<dir name> is the default directory which always gets filled up how can I specify somewhere else like /vmfs/workare

0 Kudos
3 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Why don't you use WinSCP or Veeam FastSCP. These are great programs to move files across and Veeam is the fastest since it doesn't encrypt the data.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
engr_root
Contributor
Contributor

Can I just wiscp or fastscp the vm while its running? thats why I was using the scp:/ option of vcbmounter

0 Kudos
boydd
Champion
Champion

You could also try using a product like vmware's Converter to move the vm's (Live). Assuming you don't have VC for the environment?

DB

VMware Communities Moderator

DB
0 Kudos