VMware Cloud Community
mba69
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

contents.zip or how to update an ESX 3.5 without VC

Hello boys and girls,

i'm searching for an hour now for the contents.zip i need for the esxupdate tool.

In the past i've downloaded the contents.zip and all new patches from . Now i can't found the contents.zip anymore.

The machine i need to update is an standalone ESX 3.5.0, build 110268, without an Virtual Center. It was bought in the Foundation Edition package.

As i'm informed it is not possible to use the Update Manager without Virtual Center.

So i'm get stucked now how to update the ESX machine. Hope its not my own silliness.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ruoss
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Recently i found this file .....dont know whi i didnt saw this link, but

here is the missed file .....

best regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
petedr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I always use the contents.zip file when manually applying patches using esxupdate. Right now nothing is showing on the patch download page, not sure why. Maybe there is some issue on the site now.

www.thevirtualheadline.com www.liquidwarelabs.com
ruoss
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi together,

this is exact my problem. i can not find the contents.zip aomwhere on the vmware website !

Can anyone help us and giv us a link to the contents.zip ? I have to patch some stand alone

esx servers .......

thanks in advance

Hardy

celak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi mba69,

You can use update manager without Virtual Center.

Actually you can use "update manager client" in standalone mode. Please see link below :

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
ruoss
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Recently i found this file .....dont know whi i didnt saw this link, but

here is the missed file .....

best regards

0 Kudos
scerazy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
mba69
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your answers.

Link to contents.zip is on http://www.vmware.com/download/vi/vi3_patches_35.html back again.

The Update Manager didn't work, i think because of our proxy. It needs user authentication.

0 Kudos