VMware Cloud Community
roneng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

cant add host to vc 2.5

Hi all,

I have just installed the last version of esx 3.5 from the site. And also the last version of virtual center 2.5 from the site.

The installation of both went fine until i tried to add the host, then the center enters a phase of "in progress" and after about 5-10 minutes end with an error that "failed to install the virtualcenter agent service".

I will add that they are behind firewall but i have opened all the ports between the servers.

Is there a manual install of the virtualcenter agent? or something else that i need to configure?

this is the first time that something likde that happens, if anyone have an idea, please

Thanks

Ronen

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Subatomic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi roneng

Had exactly the same issue you had. I used this article:

http://www.vmwarewolf.com/failed-to-install-the-virtualcenter-agent-service/

Hope this does solves your problem

Best regards

SA

If the comments were useful, please consider awarding points.

Thanks

• SA -

If the comments were useful, please consider awarding points for helpful or correct. Thanks - SA -
0 Kudos
roneng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

I have seen this article, but it concerns vc 2.02 and esx 3.02 and i deal with vc 2.5 and esx 3.5

Ronen

0 Kudos
Subatomic
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Ronen,

We only implemented VC2.5 to manage our mixed 3.0.1 and 3.5 ESX server. We googled the error, and found the article. We only had to follow the first part of the article, and create the temporary directory as described in the article.

Hope this put you somewhat more at ease.

If the comments were useful, please consider awarding points.

Thanks

• SA -

If the comments were useful, please consider awarding points for helpful or correct. Thanks - SA -
0 Kudos