VMware Cloud Community
mla_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

cannot see vm after upgrade from esxi to 3.5. VM folder does exist on DATASTORE.

Test env.

I upgraded esxi to esx3.5

During installation I had an option for leaving vmfs partition. After install I cannot see the machine from VI client.

Sure, I have it in /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/2003-1 with vmdk and etc

What to do for accessing the machine?

Thanks.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TurinTurambar
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi mla!

It seems that you need to re-register the VM. Two ways to do that :

1) From VIClient go to Configuration / Storage select your datastore and righ-click it, choose browse, navigate to your VM directory , select the .vmx file and right-click it, then chooose "Add to Inventory"

2) The other way its from the COS. Log in and use the command : vmware-cmd -s register <full-path-to-the-VM-.vmx-file>

Hope helps.

Ciao

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TurinTurambar
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi mla!

It seems that you need to re-register the VM. Two ways to do that :

1) From VIClient go to Configuration / Storage select your datastore and righ-click it, choose browse, navigate to your VM directory , select the .vmx file and right-click it, then chooose "Add to Inventory"

2) The other way its from the COS. Log in and use the command : vmware-cmd -s register <full-path-to-the-VM-.vmx-file>

Hope helps.

Ciao

0 Kudos
mla_
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

100%

Thanks.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis
0 Kudos