VMware Cloud Community
KVBkunlun
Contributor
Contributor

backup exec 11d with VCB

i have try to use backup exec 11d to do a full backup in VCB proxy, i have backupexec server installed in one server direct connect to tape lib, and other server installed VCB with FC connect to SAN. But i have problem try to run per and post command use UNC address in backup exec or use network drives, does it able to run backup exec and VCB proxy in different server?

or both have to be in the same machines?

by the way i have installed backup exec agents into VCB proxy already.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sarek
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

With a backup exec server it is probally better to make you backup server also vcb proxy. We have installed VCB in combination with 11D. As far is i know backup exec is has some troubles with UNC path in scripting. So to avaoid this install it on the same machine as the backup server.

Sarek

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
ITThies
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We´ve installed both tools (VCB and BackupExec 11d) on the same server too. It was working well but for recovery reasons we changed to esxRangerPro.

We are executing a script to backup the required servers and after that, we will write them to a autoloader.

----- Please feel free so give some points for a correct / helpful answer! Thank you!
0 Kudos
davidbarclay
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

>troubles with UNC path in scripting

It does work, it's just a pain in the a$$. If you can, do as recommeneded. Otherwise you need to jump through hoops to make it work..

DAve

0 Kudos
petedr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you want an alternate solution you can take a look at esXpress. It works great with VI3. Their backups run in the virtual space using VBAs ( virtual backup appliances ).

www.thevirtualheadline.com www.liquidwarelabs.com
0 Kudos
berman002
Contributor
Contributor

is it able to install VCB, backup exec and VirtualCentre server into one server??

and which doc state that?

0 Kudos
davidbarclay
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

No, VCB and VirtualCentre don't play well together (it breaks templating),

Dave

0 Kudos