VMware Cloud Community
thomson_guy
Contributor
Contributor

all my ESX host can see the LUNS presented but cannot add them

When I go to add additional storage the Host sees the available LUNS but I can't add them. This same LUN has been added to other Host. attached is a screenshot of what I am seeing.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
prakashraj
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Check this http://pubs.vmware.com/vi301/san_cfg/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=san_cfg&file=vi3_...

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Prakash

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

Have your hosts got the rights to access them?

Zoning will allow you to view them, but Lun masking would control the actual access rights?

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander

Did you add the LUN ad shared storage to the first Host? If so, the second one should see it automatically after rescanning. Maybe you attached the lun as a single host storage?

Kind Regards,

Gerrit Lehr

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
ravirhce
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

you mena that trying to create datastore in host via VC.

answered by Gerrit is right if already datastore is created in other host then only need to rescan the LUN to this host (cos-rescan.sh vmhba1)

but not need to resacn beacuse u can able to see the LUN's when going to add

go to configuration tab in VC then storage and do one refresh and see.

or please send me one screen shot of that storage option.

Ravi

0 Kudos
thomson_guy
Contributor
Contributor

Here is more info I have tried to rescan from VC and nothing works. I have included my datastore map as well SAN storage has san in the name.

0 Kudos
thomson_guy
Contributor
Contributor

Datastore map

0 Kudos
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander

As I said, is the VMFS configured to be shared?

Kind Regards,

Gerrit Lehr

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
jguzmanr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

are they shown as the same LUN # on all servers?

0 Kudos