VMware Cloud Community
seamus19
Contributor
Contributor

adding SAN storage to ESX 3.0.1 HOSTS

Was wondering if you could help me out.

I have 6 ESX 3.0.1 hosts

They had 3 -650GB Vdisk presented to them, and the names of the each database for the host is the same. For example. I named the first database eva_vmfs_1 so each host see the same name. Second database is called eva_vmfs_2, the third eva_vmfs_3, all hosts see each database with the same name.

However, I just created a new vdisk, presented it to each HOST from the SAN, when i go to the Virtual Client to present it to each HOST, the first and second HOST have the name of eva_vmfs_4 . The third host has the name of eva_vmfs_4(1). The fourth, fifth and sixth have the name of eva_vmfs_4(2). I did not name it this - I named them all eva_vmfs_4. I cannot change the names cause it says "the name of the eva_vmfs_4 database all ready exists.

How can I resolve this issue? I am concerned this will confuse storage paths

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vmmeup
Expert
Expert

You only need to name the datastore on one host and then just refresh all the other hosts and they will see it if they have access to the lun. If you have gone to each host and named the datastore then you have a small problem. I would remove the datastore from all the hosts, then add it to one....name it and then do a refresh on all the remaining hosts and they should have no problem seeing it.

Sid Smith ----- VCP, VTSP, CCNA, CCA(Xen Server), MCTS Hyper-V & SCVMM08 [http://www.dailyhypervisor.com] - Don't forget to award points for correct and helpful answers. 😉
0 Kudos