VMware Cloud Community
amittul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Why Power Off Virtuals machines do not migrate when Host goes down ?

Hi,

Why Power Off Virtuals machines do not migrate when Host goes down ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Perhaps because there is no such functionality in the hosted products like VMware Server 2 to do so? Only in the VI products - ESX, ESXi - when managed by VirtualCenter.

0 Kudos
aguacero
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I agree with . This is not a feature of VMware Server (free product). Certain features would need to be paid (ESX with vCenter).

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
amittul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If we have ESX server then

is power off machine migrate ?

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

if you have HA yes.

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator

-

Blogging:

Twitter:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
amittul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have seen many time its does not migrate even if its in HA

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

What version of ESX are you using, so we can move this thread to the appropriate forum?

0 Kudos
amittul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

3.5 update 2

0 Kudos
naveen1701
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

in 3.5 update 2, it should migrate the powered of f VM, whts the priority u have assigned to restart. Does the other host has the necessary resources available to start the vm's from the failed host.

Did u find any HA errors, if yes, can u post ir

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

I moved your topic to the correct sub forum.

And with ESX 3.5 U2 they should be moved to a new server all they will not be powered on.

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator

-

Blogging:

Twitter:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos