VMware Cloud Community
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Where can I purchase 1G nics compatible with ESX 3.5

Hi everyone,

I have been having a hell of a time finding ordering NICs that are compatible with ESX server 3.5. If I'm buying online (ebay or amazon) they never list the exact model so I can't check them on the HCL, but not only that just finding 1G Nics seems to be unbelievably difficult. I have recently rolled the dice and bought a belkin 1G nic which works with Openfiler however does not work with ESX server. How can I avoid wasting more money on incompatible nics? My main issue is that I can't even find a source for 1G nics (I'm based in London). PC shops sell generic crap and they don't work, cards that I know will work I just can't seem to source online.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lightbulb
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I was thinking of getting this card back when i was shopping for a new system

I gather it works with ESX and ESXi but that is word of mouth not with my own eyes.

You can also check out & although the content is a little dated.

0 Kudos
dbutch1976
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I just can't believe it's this hard to source a nic!!!!!! There simply must be an easier way to buy a nic that I know is going to work on ESX. They are just impossible to find, and if I find one it's very difficult to check for compatibility because it seems that so few vendors give the actual model # of the nic!

0 Kudos