VMware Cloud Community
JeanVMD
Contributor
Contributor

When is VMware going to update the baseline in update manager for update esx-3.5.0_Update_2-110268.iso?

When is VMware going to update the baseline in update manager?

If I am not mistaken, and the updatemanger is working as it should, then why is the old 3.5 Update 2 is still in the "Critical Host Updates"

<descriptor UTCtimestamp="1215782115" version="2.0">

<vendor>VMware, Inc.</vendor>

<product>VMware ESX Server</product>

<release>ESX350-Update02</release>

<releasedate>2008-07-10T22:15:15-07:00</releasedate>

<summary>ESX Server 3.5.0 Update 2</summary>

<description>This is ESX Server 3.5.0 Update 2. Installing/upgrading to

this release will bring the system up to the ESX Server 3.5.0 Update 2.</description>

<contact>support@vmware.com</contact>

<type>Partial</type>

<bundleType>Update</bundleType>

<dependencies>

<IDList field="requires">

<ID>3.5.0-6460*</ID>

If you install 3.5 update 1 (build 82663) and update the latest "Critical Host Updates" you will be on build 103908 Smiley Sad

An issue has been uncovered with ESX 3.5 Update 2 (build 103908) and ESXi 3.5 Update 2 (build 103909) that causes the product license to expire on August 12, 2008. New patches and updates are now available.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AITS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Its better wait for a month, since U2 having lot fo issues with thier patch release.

Regards,

AITS

JeanVMD
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you. Do not trust VMware patch releases, wait a few month for others to find the bugs.

The critical patch list, for update manager, is still showing the wrong version of update 2. I have no intention of installing update 2, but the old buggy version is still in the critical list. This need to be removed by VMware and replace with the new version.

0 Kudos
pimpdad82
Contributor
Contributor

Agreeed! I also see the old Update2 and the new Update2 in my list patches when using VMWare Update Manager. I was just about to upgrade before I even noticed. It's a good thing I didn't.

Anybody know when this will be fixed?

0 Kudos