VMware Cloud Community
pucek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Warning Parity Check in Progress Assert

Hi!

We have changed hard drives in our dell poweredge 2950 for 5 x 450gb. After ESX installation we getting warnings in hard drive sensor "Parity Check in Progress Assert" . What couse this warning?

Thanks for replies

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lightbulb
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I think your RAID is still building. With IBM x-series systems I recall when you setup the raid it would often take hours for the RAID to be built. You should be able to see this activity from whatever onboard RAID controller software the Dell uses (I never work with them). Or I could be wrong, like I said I don't work with Dells much.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Lightbulb
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I think your RAID is still building. With IBM x-series systems I recall when you setup the raid it would often take hours for the RAID to be built. You should be able to see this activity from whatever onboard RAID controller software the Dell uses (I never work with them). Or I could be wrong, like I said I don't work with Dells much.

0 Kudos
pucek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot! I fact RAID bulding stoped i haven't noticed it:)

0 Kudos
VinesDavid
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Did the "Warning Parity Check in Progress Assert" message ever go away?

I ask because I have the same config (Dell 2950, 4x750 SATA, Raid 10) and I'm seeing the same warning..

Thanks --

0 Kudos
SonyVaioTeam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am having the same alert. I have 1.4TB of RAID 5 disk that was built yesterday afternoon...about 20 hours. I don't run the Dell RAID monitoring software. Does this finish and the error get resolved? What was your experience?

thanks,

grant

0 Kudos
pucek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After i've created raid once again message is not showing anymore

0 Kudos
SonyVaioTeam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I don't want to have to rebuild RAID and reinstall. I'm going to let it run over the weekend and review on Monday.

thanks,

grant

0 Kudos
merhard
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hola, estoy con este mismo problema, pudiste resolverlo? muchas gracias.

Hi, I'm with this same problem, could you solve it? thank you very much.

0 Kudos