VMware Cloud Community
Simons_
Contributor
Contributor

Vmware-Mount

Hi

I tried to run vmware-mount on a Windows 2003 SP1 server. Everything seems to be ok, but I'm unable to see the drive letter in my Windows Explorer.

I only have the new letter available in my "DOS" command prompt. Could someone else is able to have this new letter available in Windows Explorer ?

Thanks

Simons!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
joergriether
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

you tried to hit F5 in Explorer AFTER you did the vmware-mount?

best regards

Joerg

Simons_
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I tried many times... but nothing change..still have the new letter in command prompt, but not in Windows Explorer

0 Kudos
joergriether
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

wow, now thats a first;)

ok i want you to try all of the following:

a) use vmware mount again and assign a letter far away from the usual suspects (eg. x,y, or z)

b) make sure there is no old network drive (even inactive) still stuck on this letter

c) You already did restart your W2003 machine?

d) now whats happing if you open your dos box, change to the new vmware-mounted letter and type 'explorer' inside it. Does Explorer start and showing the drive?

best regards

Joerg

0 Kudos
abaum
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Did you ever have an answer but forgot what it was? I'm there right now. I read about this a few weeks ago. It has something to do with the way Explorer gets its drive info. Command prompt is more accurate that Explorer. It might have been in article in Technet magazine or something like that last month. Sorry I can't be helpful, but this is a known Windows problem.

adam

0 Kudos