VMware Cloud Community
dingding
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vizioncore vReplicator for D/R

I never use Vizioncore vReplicator before, but i know it can do D/R in the COS level, this attact me because we don't need same SAN product in both site and we can use IP-WAN as the replication channel. i have below questions and i hope you who have used this product give me suggestion and comments:

1) how about the performance since it works in COS level

2) Since ESX 3.5 and ESX 3i is to be released, there is no COS in ESX 3i, where i install this software

3) is any other software who can do the same function as vReplicator (work in the COS level, not doubletake or any array based replication)

4) can it do bi-directional(two-way) replication

thanks in advance.

---- Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
pcomo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

i cannot answer all your request, we tested vReplicator in our test lab but the performance seems to be correct.

2) Since ESX 3.5 and ESX 3i is to be released, there is no COS in ESX 3i, where i install this software

If I am not mistaken vreplicator is installing on a machine other than the esx server (ex Windows machine) and attacks the IP of the esx server for the replication or the vcs. On the other hand with the new version esx, I think that that will be the same thing.

4) can it do bi-directional(two-way) replication

vreplicator replicate VM between original location and DRP location but you can do a failover after deactiveted the vreplicator job and use the DRP VM, this action will move the replication in the other direction, once the job vreplicator is reactivated.

And it seems that the failover is not automatic.

I hope that I expressed myself well and that you will understand all.