VMware Cloud Community
Dogiefresh
Contributor
Contributor

Virtualice novell 5.1

Hi i try to use converter to migrate to vm a novell 5.1 server but not work.. any one have idea how to make this..?

i try with the converter in cold and hot migration but in both is fail. in the process..

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TCronin
Expert
Expert

Converter only support Microsoft OS, and is experimental for Linux. Novell isn't supported by any of the P2V products I know of. We have used a Novell migration product for Netware 6.5, but I don't know if it works for 5.1. You might want to look on the Novell site for the migration wizard.

Tom Cronin, VCP, VMware vExpert 2009 - 2021, Co-Leader Buffalo, NY VMUG
0 Kudos
korpy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

You might look at portlock. I used it a couple of times for p2v-ing nw65, but my guess is that it should also work for older nw versions.

regards -frank-

0 Kudos
Gabrie1
Commander
Commander

Hi

Be aware that when running Novell 4.11 / 5.x you should also load a special NLM module called something like cpu-idle.nlm. Otherwise the cpu will spike to 100% even when there is no workload on the VM. Search in the support base at the vmware site for this.

Gabrie

http://www.GabesVirtualWorld.com
0 Kudos
TCronin
Expert
Expert

Be aware that using imaging products on Netware can cause duplicate guid's. We had that problem even using templates and Novell could not come up with a fix.

Tom Cronin, VCP, VMware vExpert 2009 - 2021, Co-Leader Buffalo, NY VMUG
0 Kudos