VMware Cloud Community
robinsjo
Contributor
Contributor

VirtualCenter 2 problem?

Hi,

I have 2 existing hosts (1 x v3.0 and 1 x v3.01) and I want to introduce a VirtualCenter to enable HA and VMotion. They both have common storage in the form of iSCSI connected to an AX150i

The v3.0 VMware server is hosting 7 Windows servers and the v3.01 VMware is empty.

Problem I'm having is that I have installed a VMware License Server, Virtual Infrastructure Client 2.0 and VirtualCenter Server 2.0 but cannot for the life of me see where I should actually run the VirtualCenter Server application!

This may sound very stupid but an advice would be gratefully received...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bister
Expert
Expert

Where did you install the License Server? You could install the Virtual Center Server on the same machine. Normally one dedicated Windows box is used for Virtual Center Server, Virtual Center DB and Licensing server hosting all three apps.

Regards,

Christian

Hoping for more points Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
APlant
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Use the VI client to connect to the IP address (or host name if in DNS) of the Virtual Center server. This is the same client that you use to connect direct to the ESX host. Once you connect to the VC server and add the ESX hosts, you will see lots of aditional options, including HA, DRS, Vmotion, etc.

Hope this helps

Message was edited by:

APlant

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Please also note that you will need to be running VC 2.0.1 to properly manage your ESX3.0.1 Host.

0 Kudos