VMware Cloud Community
mchartier
Contributor
Contributor

Virtual machine losing network connectivity

Hi everyone,

I have a ESX 3.5 U3 server that is running for testing purposes. On this server we virtualize a Windows 2003 file server with vmware converter. Everything went fine except that every 1 or 2 week, this virtual machine lose network connectivity with all the network. The ESX host is fine and can be reached...all the others VM on this host can be reached...except the 2003 file server that was virtualized...It was a Dell server..so I try to uninstall all the Dell drivers and apps that was on this sever with no succes. When the problem occurs, if I go onto the console of the VM, if I do a ping of a live ip in the network, sometimes I receive an hardware error, and sometime just timeouts...the only way to get the vm back on the network is to do a dirt shutdown...after it, the vm is ok for a week or two..

Any idea?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
mchartier
Contributor
Contributor

uninstallation/reinstallation put the same version of the vmtools, but now the speed IS 1 GBPS!

So I hope it will solve the unresponsive nic problem in a weel or two...I'll let you know.

thanks again

0 Kudos
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

no probs - You hopefully won't experience these issues again.

0 Kudos
Hudo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I've got exactly the same problem, our virtual machine is in Windows 2003 and it needs to be rebooted each 1 week beacause it lost is network conectivity. Our network speed for this virtual machine always been 1gbps.

Each time in my system log I get the following error:

The browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{...}. The backup browser is stopping.

This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain XXX due to the following:

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

Anybody has a solution?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Firebird89
Contributor
Contributor

<![endif]><![if gte mso 9]>

You may need to reset the computer account in active directory. I will try this on a non-DC and report back.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216393

This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain XXX due to the following:

+This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this

computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please

contact your domain administrator.+

0 Kudos
mchartier
Contributor
Contributor

An english message will follow

Veuillez prendre note que je serai en vacances jusqu'au 3 Août. Pour toute urgence, veuillez communiquer avec le département de service à l'adresse service@bellex.com<mailto:service@bellex.com> ou en composant le 450-649-3400 option 1.

Please note that I will be out of the office until August 3rd. For any emergency, please contact the service departement at service@bellex.com<mailto:service@bellex.com> or call 450-649-3400 option 1.

Mathieu Chartier

CCNA Voice - CS-CIPCES

Directeur Technique

www.bellex.com<http://www.bellex.com

0 Kudos
mikidutzaa
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, did anyone solve this?

0 Kudos