VMware Cloud Community
mbsizer
Contributor
Contributor

Viewing performance statistics on a host

I have created a role for our developers and have limited the access they have within Vcenter.  Currently, they have limited interaction on certain VM's (such as power on/off, reset, answer questions, etc).  Now I need to allow them to see performance statistics on host machines.  What permissions do I need to give them?

Edit Role_2011-12-06_16-31-12.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

read only will allow performance stats to be viewed.

0 Kudos
abbie11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear Mbsizer,

please find anser to your question .

Check Account Rights

Ensure the account or group that you  are logging into, like a “Domain Admin”, is actually in the local  “Administrators” security group.
To ensure account is part of the local Administrators group:
  1. Click Start > Run. Type lusrmgr.msc and press Enter.
  2. Open Groups > Administrators.
  3. Verify that "Domain Admins" is listed.
  4. Open Groups > Performance Monitor Users.
  5. Verify that the local service account which is in use or "Domain Admins" is listed.

Note: If the target server is a Domain Controller you must use the "Enterprise Admin" account to connect to the server.

Check Perfmon Registry Access Rights

1. From the Data Manager, attempt to browse the Registry in the Navigation pane:
    1. Expand the server branch in the Data Manager: Navigation Pane
    2. Expand the Registry branch, and expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE . You see an "Access Denied" error.
    3. Check HKEY_CURRENT_USER .  You do not get an immediate error message, however you may get errors  accessing keys below that, if you do, ensure the log in information is  valid to that server.
  2. Check the access control list (ACL) list for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key  in the registry. Ensure the rights are at defaults: (SYSTEM: Full),  (Administrator: Full), (Restricted: Read), (Everyone: Read).
  3. If you are unable to access all the keys, restart the Remote Registry service on that server

Yours, Abbie

Winning!
0 Kudos
mbsizer
Contributor
Contributor

How can they be in the "Read-Only" role as well as the "Developer" role I created for them?

0 Kudos