VMware Cloud Community
joselynx
Contributor
Contributor

Vcbmounter error

Hi,

I´m using Veritas BackupExec 11. and the Consolidated Backup 1.1 64559.

Im triying to make mi first VM backup using VCB but when i execute browse-start.bat in order to mount the image of the VM to the Proxy, i get the following error:

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework\backupexec>browse-s

tart.bat PRUEBAVCB vm1.domain.local

Current working directory: C:\Program

Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework\backupexec

HOSTINFO: Seeing Intel CPU, numCo

resPerCPU 1 numThreadsPerCore 2.

HOSTINFO: This machine has 2 phys

ical CPUS, 2 total cores, and 4 logical CPUs.

Using system libcrypto, version 9

0709F

Error: Other error encountered

: SSL Exception: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version numbe

r

failed to prepare vm1.domain.local for backup, PrepareForBackup() retur

ned error 1

External command failed. See error above.

Exit Code: 1

Could be a problem with the SSL certificate? I must install this certificate in the Backup Proxy or in the ESX.? How i have to install it?

The consolidated backup Framework config.js is configured like this:

BACKUPROOT="D:
mnt";

HOST="virtualcentername.domain.local";

PORT="902";

USERNAME="virtualcenterUser";

PASSWORD="xxxxxx";

TRANSPORT_MODE="san";

// LOGLEVEL=6;

SNAPSHOT_POLICY="automatic";

//VM_LOOKUP_METHOD="ipaddr";

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Superkikim
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunatelly, I cannot help. I have the same issue, and I'm quite surprised that nobody answered yet... Smiley Sad

These scripts sucks, and so does support around them....

0 Kudos
dconvery
Champion
Champion

Try changing your port to 443. version 1.1 uses that now.

Dave Convery, VCDX-DCV #20 ** http://www.tech-tap.com ** http://twitter.com/dconvery ** "Careful. We don't want to learn from this." -Bill Watterson, "Calvin and Hobbes"
0 Kudos
Superkikim
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. But the scripts have been updated already in the backupexec package from VMWare. I guess there is something wrong with the scripts.... or maybe with the port number for instance ? I don't know. I'm waiting for an answer from Vmware

0 Kudos
dmorgan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have worked through a whole host of errors with VCB and Arcserve, and have a few suggestions. First off, forget working with scripts provided by Tape Software vendors first. Until you can do it manually, using vcbmounter.exe from the command line, don't bother with the scripts. Second, try VCBvmname.exe first, and see if you can make that work and grab the information necessary about the VM's you are going to back up.

For example, here is what I use to connect to the VC server, and view all of the vm's available. If you cannot get a list, post your results, and lets go from there. If you get a list, then post that list, and lets move on to manually doing the vcbmounter.exe.

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Consolidated Backup Framework>vcbVmName.exe -h pcgvc.parkcitygroup.local -u administrator -p ####### -s any

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos