mohanad_cs
Contributor
Contributor

VSwicth Configuation

Jump to solution

Hi,

when I Configured Network Team for more than 2 NICs Cards as load Balance using Route Based CN IP hash for outgoing packets is it must be do it on physical Switch such as Cisco as Port Channel Group in case I do not to load balance incoming packets to VSwitch?

Because I am facing Problem with Vswitch binded to 3 physical NICs all VMs connect to this Virtual Switch, all VMs configured with Correct IP schema & Subnet Mask & i am able to login to these VMs remotely & all of them were pinging properly fine but if there is no interaction with these VMs "seating Idle for some Time" I mean nobody is using these VMs in some time" all VMs connected to this VSwitch is disconnected I mean I am not able to ping it remotely & from VMs it self to Default Gateway.

I clicked on VSwitch Configuration & Close it again every thing went normal & I am able to ping VMs & from VMs to default Gateway.

I know it's funny thing but i am susbicting with Teaming Configuration becouse The Service Console mapped to one NIC & it's works properly fine.

The Configuration as follow:

1. Load Balance based on Route Based CN IP hash.

2. Network Failover detection Beacon Probirg.

3. Notify Switch Check & yes.

Nothing else.

Note: All NICs are UP & running.

What could be the problem ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jdvcp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you do not configure anything on your Cisco Switch, you will be limited ot outbound load balancing.

Are the three Cisco switches connected together? Sounds like there is an ARP issue. If the three Cisco switches don't talk, then only one switch will own the MAC address of one VM at any given time. If they are connected, then the other two Cisco switches will have the MAC entry, but setup as a referral to the owning switch. Sounds like there are some routing issues.

If you are not using Cisco Etherchannel, you can get away with using the MAC out load balancing setting. I would also turn off beacon probing. Since you have 3 links, basic link testing (up/down) should suffice. If the beacon testing is not working, it may be inappropriately shutting down interfaces.

Notify switches is good.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jdvcp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you do not configure anything on your Cisco Switch, you will be limited ot outbound load balancing.

Are the three Cisco switches connected together? Sounds like there is an ARP issue. If the three Cisco switches don't talk, then only one switch will own the MAC address of one VM at any given time. If they are connected, then the other two Cisco switches will have the MAC entry, but setup as a referral to the owning switch. Sounds like there are some routing issues.

If you are not using Cisco Etherchannel, you can get away with using the MAC out load balancing setting. I would also turn off beacon probing. Since you have 3 links, basic link testing (up/down) should suffice. If the beacon testing is not working, it may be inappropriately shutting down interfaces.

Notify switches is good.

0 Kudos