VMware Cloud Community
The-Dragon
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Infrastructure Client could not establish the initial connection

I get the attached error frequently anyone got an idea how to

fix this permanently

error :

VMware Infrastructure Client could not establish the initial connection with server details:the server took too long to respond

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

I'd say your VC host has 2 NIC's. One of them is the management port assigned in the VC, and the other is not. One of the NIC's is registered on DNS, and maybe the other isn't. This is the same error I received whenever I had 2 NIC's on the VC, and I would get frequent time outs.

Do you have 2 NIC's on the VC server? IF you ping the server by name does it resolve every time correctly.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Forums - Sounds like a time out due to networking issues - You can try adjusting the remote command time out for your VI Client - select from the menu bar Edit => Client Settings and set a custom value for your VI client -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
Karunakar
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

This usually happens, when the ESX server hotd or vpxa agent does not respond.

first try to ping the ESX server from VC, if this happens, then try to restart network and mgmt-vmware service in ESX server.

And then try to add the machine with host name or IP address of the ESX.

This should work.

-Karunakar

0 Kudos
garethrees
Contributor
Contributor

I get a simular problem with ESXi after about 10 minutes the connection to the server time's out and requires the management network to be re-started.

I've even just tried using ping -t <ipaddress> and after about 10 mins the pig times out.

What is even more strange is that, last week we had 4 users all using the infrastructure client to 'console' onto servers at the same time without any issues.

0 Kudos