VMware Cloud Community
vmproteau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMWare tools installtion/upgrade dialog box

I tried this is another forum but, didn't get any responses. Decided to try here.

I've been initiating VMWare tools upgrades from Virtual Center for each individual VM. During some of these upgrades, I receive a dialog box along with but seperate from the setup/upgrade dialog box (attached to this post). These don't show up consistently. On some VMs I don't get these on others I do. Does anyone have this same experience or know what these are?

• 1.jpg: Initial dialog box

• 2.jpg: After hitting next

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It'll be fine with the Typical Install option.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chandlm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Do these happen to have Terminal Server (application mode) installed? Usually you get those boxes on Citrix/similar servers when you initiate an application installation without going through Add/Remove.

vmproteau
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Looks like they do. Thanks that explains it. I'll check with support but, do you know if VMWare tools should be installed differently on a Terminal Server in application mode?

0 Kudos
chandlm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I've only done Citrix servers as test machines so I've not really paid much attention to it. I wouldn't think there would be a difference though...I know there are quite a few Citrix threads on the forum (I've read through many myself) and I don't think I've ever seen anything about that. Might want to just search on here for Citrix and check though.

Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It'll be fine with the Typical Install option.

0 Kudos