VMware Cloud Community
SirToby
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM Startup/Shutdown-Options properties not changeable

Hello,

when I restarted my esx 3.0.1 (original 3.0.1, upatched) I noticed that no VM was started. In the MUI under "Host/Configuration/VM Startup and Shutdown" "Start and Stop... " is enabled.

When clicking "properties" the column "statup" shows "disabled" for each VM[/b], the checkbox "Allow virtual machines to start and stop..." is checked.

When editing anything using the "edit" button (for example the startup delay) or the startup order, it is discarted after clicking "ok".

Anyone experienced that? Thanks for replies,

Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cheeko
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Before you can modify the auto startup/shutdown settings of a certain VM you have to align it under either "Any Order" (for random start order) or "Automatic Startup" (for specified start order).

You can do this with the buttons "Move Up" or "Move Down" (above the "Edit" button).

Does that help?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cheeko
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Before you can modify the auto startup/shutdown settings of a certain VM you have to align it under either "Any Order" (for random start order) or "Automatic Startup" (for specified start order).

You can do this with the buttons "Move Up" or "Move Down" (above the "Edit" button).

Does that help?

0 Kudos
SirToby
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Could have find out this one myself.

Otherwise, dear MUI-programmers who might read that, take it as a suggestion to make the MUI better at this point, that "Edit" come up with some warnings, when editing a VM under "Manual Startup" instead of accepting any entries that mean nothing.

Thanks very much, cheeko!

0 Kudos