VMware Cloud Community
DheereshLodhi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM NICs lost their connectivity

Hi All,

I am facing a issue in my environment where sometime NIC of my VMs lost connectivity. When we reset them or disconnect NICs and reconnect them back teh works fine.

Could you please tell what is the Root Cause behind it. Someone might have faced this issue in their environment.

Regards

Dheeresh Lodhi

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DheereshLodhi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sometime backup NIC lost its connection with network, when we reset it take part back. Initially, when we patch esx this isseu came, but now a days, it happening even when esx is not being patched.

0 Kudos
bdonders
Contributor
Contributor

Well, this is the same issue we are facing right now. I was hoping for the same as you, to find a solution right here.

We, my colleagues and I, are thinking of a problem with the VMware tools right now. The virtual machiones have tools installed for 3.5u2 and ESX is 3.5u4.

Can you tell me, if your installed VMware tools are outdated?

Regards, Bart

PS. A colleague came with the following document; maybe something for you. http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=1016012&sl...

0 Kudos
IB_IT
Expert
Expert

Can you all determin conclusively that the issue is not the underlying physical NIC on the ESX host(s)? See if any NICs are reporting down when they should be up. Does this happen randomly, or is anything happening on these boxes at the time like a vmotion? If your tools are out of date, I would update those first. Also, what guest OS is it? LINUX? Windows?

0 Kudos