VMware Cloud Community
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

VM Monitoring via Netcool...anybody?

Hi,

I wanted to know, how are people monitoring their servers via Netcool. Since netcool is so complex/customizable product, I need to know, what are the parameters that we need to use to monitor our infrastructure? Any lessons learned from this implementation any pros/cons...

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MHAV
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

as you allready mentioned it´s a large complex thing you have to think about when you start to implement the stuff.

Since we didn´t want to reinvent things other people allready did we are using NWorks as Connector to our

Monitoring Tools wich is Microsoft Operations Manager. Think about it you have to pay for both why do you want to add

some more manpower in reinventing the rules?

Regards

Regards Michael Haverbeck Check out my blog www.the-virtualizer.com
0 Kudos
johthi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What kind of things that you want to monitor in Virtual environment.

You can try this tool SEARCHMYVM, its freeware tool.( You can download it from www.vkernel.com). From this tool you can view VM status, Host status and Datastore status and so on...

This information is useful for you, Please mark it CORRECT or HELPFUL. Thanks

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

Guys, thanks for the information. But, I dont have a option, I have to use Netcool.

Again, when you guys monitore your stuff, what are the parameters that you have configured.

I know this whole thing is going to revolve in 4 things

1) CPU

2) Disk

3) Network

4) Memory.

We need to monitor this for both - hosts and VMs. I want to get more detailed information.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos