VMware Cloud Community
HCC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VI3 demo licensing setup ?

Hi,

I have downloaded the trial of VI3. I have installed ESX and tried to setup a License Server but I can't seem to be able to create any Virtual Machines due to lack of licensing. I must have something setup incorrectly or missed a step or maybe it is a limitation of the demo?

Can anyone shed some light on this please

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NCOrtiz
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not an expert at the product, but you will have to get a evaluation license from your local vendor or ask for the 30 day evaluation license.

You will receive an email with the link to obtain your license key file. Once you have the .lic file you will have to log on to your host using VI client, to the configuration and change your license so that you can start testing your VM's.

0 Kudos
GlenMarquis2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Indeed you will receive an email with a link where you can register a Server-Based trial and grab a license file which you can use with the License Server.

You then configure the ESX Hosts to point at the IP of the License server box usually the VC server.

0 Kudos
Spiker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dont forget to ensure that whilst the licence may be installed - you may need to edit the licence dialogue box to manually switch from 'unlicenced' to 'standard' also

0 Kudos