VMware Cloud Community
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VI Client and RSA Authentication

I have a firewall in between all my ESX hosts and vCenter so only the vCenter can communicate with the service console interface of all the ESX hosts. Administrators can only connect their VI Client to the vCenter, but I want them to perform two facto authentication when connecting to the vCenter via the VI Client. Is this possible?

I don't want to rely on RSA auth when connecting to the vCenter via RDP as this will limit connections to 2 sessions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikefoley
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

SecurID for vCenter\Virtual Center is not available. At this time, I'd reccomend putting the vCenter server and the ESX management consoles on a separate "managment LAN" and using a firewall that supports SecurID to RDP into the managment lan. To get around the RDP issue you mentioned, I'd create some XP desktops in that managment lan. If you are using View, then you could create an admin pool of desktops that reside in the management lan and you can use SecurID to get to them. View supports SecurID.

mike

I work at RSA

mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mikefoley
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

SecurID for vCenter\Virtual Center is not available. At this time, I'd reccomend putting the vCenter server and the ESX management consoles on a separate "managment LAN" and using a firewall that supports SecurID to RDP into the managment lan. To get around the RDP issue you mentioned, I'd create some XP desktops in that managment lan. If you are using View, then you could create an admin pool of desktops that reside in the management lan and you can use SecurID to get to them. View supports SecurID.

mike

I work at RSA

mike

0 Kudos