VMware Cloud Community
radman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VI 3.5 client won't start up after upgrade to Update 1

I was happily running my VI 3.5 client. However, when I upgrade to 3.5 Update 1, I can login but while it is "Loading Main Form" it exits silently. Any ideas? Where can I look for more information to try and isolate my problem?

In case it matters - this is in a VM running Windows 2003 Server, which also is running my VirtualCenter and Licensing Server. All of the other components have successfully upgraded to Update 1. But I can't upgrade my client (which I use to connect to the VIrtualCenter locally, and access via Windows Terminal Services) and use it successfully.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you tried uninstalling the VI client and reinstall?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you tried uninstalling the VI client and reinstall?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
radman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm embarassed to say I had not tried this. Having now tried it I find that it works fine. :smileyblush:

Thanks!

0 Kudos
lamw
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

It's also good practice to grab the latest VI Client from your VC usually virtual-center.com or whatever your hostname is, and when you login double check the help->about infrastructure section to make sure the build numbers match. I know between 2.5 and 2.5u1 there was a new VI Client

0 Kudos
radman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Right. Which is why I was upgrading Smiley Happy

It's odd that the upgrade from 2.5 to 2.5u1 didn't work. Sounds like a bug.

0 Kudos