VMware Cloud Community
sunnybal
Contributor
Contributor

VCP310 Last min guidance

Friends, I have my VCP exam schduled for tomorrow and I have gone through all 7 PDF (VI3 docs) at least 3-4 times know all max configs, read documentation of MSCS.

Is there anything you want to guide me for last minute review out of above mentioned materials or anything if I have missed.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
15 Replies
sunnybal
Contributor
Contributor

oh I forgot to mention abt Robs flash cards...that is also source of exam prep.

0 Kudos
virtualdud3
Expert
Expert

I'd read-over the "Resource Management" pdf (if you have not done so already).

Based on your preparation, I'd say just relax, get a good night's sleep, and go in with a clear head.

I'm sure you'll do great - make sure to respond to this thread letting everyone know you passed!!!

############### Under no circumstances are you to award me any points. Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
sunnybal
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks .... yeah I am working on San Config guide and will do Resource mgmt after that or may be in morning.

I already gone through it once in evening.

I will definitely update this thread abt my exam exprience.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Prashanth_John
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi There!

I am due to take the exam shortly...pls let me know the titles of the 7 pdf's that you mentioned.

And all the very best for your exam!

0 Kudos
sunnybal
Contributor
Contributor

vi3_admin_guide.pdf

vi3_esx_resource_mgmt.pdf

vi3_installation_guide.pdf

vi3_server_config.pdf

vi3_backup_guide.pdf

vi3_esx_san_cfg.pdf

vi3_san_guide.pdf

vi3_systems_guide.pdf

and also MSCS

0 Kudos
Prashanth_John
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks a ton!

0 Kudos
sunnybal
Contributor
Contributor

Friends exam passed with 94

Thanks to this forum and threads regarding VCP exam.

if you setup and configured ESX with VC and you read resource pool/san config/server config pdf then I think these should be good enough to pass exam.

Working on Virtualization from last 2 years, setup 3 different virtual production network with HA/DRS, started preparing for this exam about 2 months ago and from last 2 weeks I gave at least 3-5 hrs a day for preparation.

Thanks Again

0 Kudos
virtualdud3
Expert
Expert

Congratulations!!!

Now you get to see just how AWESOME the VCP Website is!!! ; )

############### Under no circumstances are you to award me any points. Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Rynardts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's what I like about the VCP. It's not just a bunch of book certified people, but you actually need to have some experience to pass, unlike the MCP's.

Great stuff. Congrats...

Rynardt Spies VCP | VCAP-DCA#50 | VCAP-DCD#129 www.virtualvcp.com
0 Kudos
sunnybal
Contributor
Contributor

How long does it take to get the login info for VCP web site.

Or does it come with welcomes kit.

0 Kudos
sunnybal
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

0 Kudos
Odurasler
Contributor
Contributor

Congrats! I'm taking mine tomorrow.

Awhile back, people have indicated that some questions were really hard to understand, and possibly written by a non-english speaker. have you encountered that at all?

0 Kudos
Jae_Ellers
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Some of the questions are intentionally complicated. I guess this is an effort to see if you can think through them. Several seem to employ a double negative sort of construct. A handful are situations where there are more than one right answer, but one answer is more correct.

I didn't really encounter any situations where the questions just didn't make sense.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- http://blog.mr-vm.com http://www.vmprofessional.com -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
0 Kudos
sunnybal
Contributor
Contributor

everything was clearly understandable.

I think VMware corrected this as when I took the mock test on vmware web site about 2-3 weeks ago wording was poor but when I took it yesterday wording was corrected so I think they might have corrected in VCP exam also.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
wbednarzyk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's great. how about all those poor fools (like me) that got a 69 when they took the test last year.... They re-worded the questions, I guess the older tests were not worded correctly????

0 Kudos