I did not get one in my package either Smiley Sad

Steve Beaver
VMware Communities User Moderator
VMware vExpert 2009 - 2020
VMware NSX vExpert - 2019 - 2020
====
Co-Author of "VMware ESX Essentials in the Virtual Data Center"
(ISBN:1420070274) from Auerbach
Come check out my blog: [www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog|http://www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog/]
Come follow me on twitter http://www.twitter.com/sbeaver

**The Cloud is a journey, not a project.**
0 Kudos
dgrace
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just checked the certification site and it still says "Download and deploy a free copy of VMware Workstation". Perhaps the license got added to your license page without notifiying you?

0 Kudos
SHAMRIN
Contributor
Contributor

So, alas, here dumps...

\** snip **

Message was edited by:

jasonboche

Posting brain dump websites is not allowed.

Condoning brain dump websites is both immoral and shameful.

Brain dump activities are referred to the VMware education department.

0 Kudos
VirtualKenneth
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I really think that they should get rid of these kind of preparation things.

This is the way to all the paper-VCP-ers like like most of the MSCE-ers.

0 Kudos
lettech
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good one David! Lets keep it that way! I would hate to see the VCP exam turn into another paper certification like the MCSE has become. At the moment it is still a well respected qualification because it is known in the industry for its integrity...long live the VCP certification!!! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
rock0n
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

i think, because of the 4 day course req. it will be (and stay), more respected then any MCSE cert.

0 Kudos
SHAMRIN
Contributor
Contributor

May be, but MCSE - 6-7 exams, VCP - 1.

0 Kudos
lettech
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes but MCSE's = 1000,000, VCP's = 5-6000 (approx)

0 Kudos
rock0n
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

but,

MCSE - one week Braindump study, take the exam...

VCP - Payment for the 4day I&C course isnt so easy for everyone

0 Kudos
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal

Let's not be naive here. Microsoft certification numbers have reached epic heights over the course of more than a decade. When I obtained MCSE certification in 1997, I was approximately MCSE # 20,000. That was more or less before the wide scale availability of brain dump websites. How many are there now? 100,000 or more? Don't assume that just because there are only 5,000 VCPs right now that the numbers won't grow and be saturated with clueless brain dumpers in years to come. The time to protect the standards of the certification is now while it still has value.

I don't want to see any more links to brain dump websites posted in this or any other threads on this forum.

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos
Jasemccarty
Immortal
Immortal

Amen Jas!

Jase McCarty - @jasemccarty
0 Kudos
lettech
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I totally agree. I got my MCSE back in 1998 by knowing the product after working with it...not by reading brain dumps. Since then I have interviewed MCSE's who (literally) couldn't explain the difference between a hub and a switch. I am happy to be a VCP because VCP's I have met and worked with (so far) seem to have a reasonable knowledge of ESX. I hope it stays this way. IMHO VMware should rigorously pursue any company or individual who breaks copy write by posting any specific information contained in the exam other than what VMware authorizes for release.

0 Kudos
SHAMRIN
Contributor
Contributor

I am sorry, if whom a reserve..

However even if here to not write ********-address - address anywhere will not get to, who wants - will find.

Me simply it is very insulting, I only one week ago have passed examination, and already is dump....

Alexey

MCSE NT4/W2K/W2K3, VCP ESX2/VI3

Message was edited by:

jasonboche

2nd warning on posting a brain dump website.

By listing their website URL or website name in the public, you are providing free advertising for the brain dump web site and also providing a means for others less knowledgeable to find the website. You're doing a disservice to the VCP by posting the brain dump company name or URL anywhere at any time.

0 Kudos
SHAMRIN
Contributor
Contributor

Jason!

It do not agree! It any more the address, not the name of a concrete site, is the name of the general problem.

It is impossible to discuss sex and to not speak a word "sex"!

It is necessary to search for the decision of a problem, to modify examination, to do very much greater base of questions. Very much it would be desirable to add active simulators and complicated questions of planning.

0 Kudos
VirtualKenneth
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Dude, chill.

You've mentioned the site name and that's to much info. I totally agree with the moderation this way.

0 Kudos
SHAMRIN
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Kenneth!

You wish to tell, what have learned this word only from my post?

And business not in preventions, what changes it?

I often read this forum and only one week ago have written the first post, I can and further nothing write...

It will solve a problem with *******?

Regards,

Alexey

0 Kudos
VirtualKenneth
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

uhm.... 😐 well I think I don't really get your point here but let's stop this slow-chat

0 Kudos
Mike_Fink
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

One thing I would really like to see is good simulators/test prep for the exam. NOT a braindump, but a simulator that really grabs the essence on the exam.

The best example I found was taking the Cisco test series. There are EXCELLENT exam preps for that; and they are not braindumps at all. The questions are all rewrites, and there are perhaps 600-1000 questions to prep for an exam that has 70 questions on it. I would love to see things like this come out for VMWare. Although I already have my VCP (and took the upgrade to VI3 at VMWorld!), I think sites like this provide a great value to the product.

I have never known Cisco as in depth as when studying using those tools. That's an excellent endorsement; that's what studying is supposed to do; make you know a subject matter inside and out.

0 Kudos
davidbarclay
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well, I am taking the plunge tomorrow morning after putting it off for a few months (I hate keeping up-to-date with certs!).

I feel I know the product(s) well, but I have a crap memory...that's why they call it "reference material" IMHO ...anyway, that's just an excuse isn't it Smiley Happy

Wish me luck.

Dave

0 Kudos
Noyzyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Well there is always the agrument that any test which quizzes you purely on factual knowledge is pointless since in a real world situation you will always have material to reference (books, WWW, these forums, colleagues etc.). How many of us have come across an issue and not immediately seached the web for someone else who had the same problem (and usually found the answer a damn sight quicker than you would have got it working in isolation)?

I understand people need to demonstrate a certain level of knowledge of a product (I need to keep my certs because I work for a VAR and I like to keep my CV valid Smiley Happy), but a more useful exam would be testing you on scenarios or simulators rather than just ability to remember facts (the Citrix exams used to be shocking for this, does anyone really need to know the minimum memory required to install a server, you can find that info in about 1 minute if you want to).

Anyway, I have my VI3 exam booked on 14th December to upgrade from version 2. Here's hoping it goes better than my colleague who has attempted to sit his SBS exam three times in the last week at the same testing centre and each time the test machine has broken down. In fact he is re-sitting on the same day and time I am doing mine, hope this isn't a bad omen... Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Rich

0 Kudos