VCP - VI3 - Practice Test

Does anyone know of a practice exam?

Charlie Gautreaux vExpert http://www.thickclouds.com
0 Kudos
192 Replies
steve31783
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there any more information about the "Advanced VCP" that was mentioned above?

0 Kudos
vheff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't think it's officially been announced, but I have been told by various sources that VMWare are working on an advanced certification this year. I wonder if it will follow the new Deploy, Secure & Analyze course?

0 Kudos
rschmidt1300
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have about 320 study questions that I came up with from the Student Guide while I was studying for the VI3 version of the VCP exam. These are questions that I came up with while studying for the exam and are not braindumps. If anyone would like a copy email me or send me a PM (with your email address), or post here and I will send you a copy. These questions are setup as flashcards with the question on one side and the answer on the other. Each answer contains the page number from the student guide where I got the question.

Thanks

Rob

rschmidt1300@yahoo.com

0 Kudos
LiamGP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Rob, Would love a copy as I have my exam later this month!

liamgrant at gmail.com please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
liuji2004
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

My email is liuji2004@hotmail.com

Appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
technorock
Contributor
Contributor

Rob,

Reading PDF,s and would appreciate a copy to drum in all the details prior to taking the exam.

technorock@gmail.com

Message was edited by:

jasonboche

Email address fixed.

0 Kudos
padel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rob,

I shall appreciate enormously if you can send me your questions.

Could you send it to : padel@mail.com ?

Thanks

Regards

Patrick

0 Kudos
old2002
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rob,

My email is old2002hk@yahoo.com.hk

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
SeanDA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Could you please send them to me also?

sda24269@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Message was edited by:

SeanDA

0 Kudos
cdamania
Contributor
Contributor

hi Folks,

I am currently studying my VCP 301. does any know if the resource management topic is heavely covered or not. Also can someone provide me of what topics come up the most on the test it seft.

thanks

0 Kudos
itcpa
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, the exam is not that bad. see my previous posts for more details. However, I can tell you that 99% of the exam is from the PDF's...

vi3_systems_guide.pdf

vi3_server_config.pdf

vi3_san_guide.pdf

vi3_installation_guide.pdf

vi3_esx_san_cfg.pdf

vi3_esx_resource_mgmt.pdf

vi3_backup_guide.pdf

vi3_admin_guide.pdf

good luck

0 Kudos
woodsp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Rob,

would love a copy.

email is woodsp33@gmail.com

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal

Rob Schmidt's study questions can be downloaded from Daniel Petri's IT knowledgebase website.

http://www.petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?t=15947

Thanks again Rob for making these available to VCP candidates!

Jas

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos
olegarr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello:

I am going to pass the test shortly and studying right now...

I found one more practice test - link removed[/b]

Can please somebody tell me how far this one from reality? Is it close to real one or not at all?

Thanks.

olegarr

Message was edited by:

jasonboche

Removed link to outdated exam cheat software.

0 Kudos
vheff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

That practice test is not for the VCP-310 exam, and I wouldn't trust it at all. For starters this is not a legitimate copy of the Testking practice test, and secondly these commercial exams are known to be very misleading due to the number of mistakes they contain.

PLEASE, don't use practice tests. You'll find nearly all of the exam material is covered in the PDF's from VMWare.

0 Kudos
olegarr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

l9nux.

thanks for your comments.

I just reading PDFs now and thought it would be not bad idea to pass practice test...

0 Kudos
dragonfly
Contributor
Contributor

I just took the VCP test this morning and passed with 85! I could have done a bit better if i would have listened to my gut instinct on a few i wasn't sure about. Anyways, I am glad I passed and its behind me now!! All the studying payed off.

Special thanks to Rob Schmidt for his hard work in creating the flash cards. I used those to help me figure out where I was weak and focused in on those areas.

Also, thanks to all those in this forum who have given their two cents on what to study based on whats on the exam.

Here's my two cents...

Use Rob's flash cards. It is based off the VI3 I&C course book and a good portion of the questions I was able to confidently answer because of studying the book/flash cards.

Brush up on any areas you feel weak in by reading the documentation.

Don't get overwhelmed with reading all 1000+ pages, just focus on the juicy parts (i.e. don't read the step-by-steps unless you want to)

Know defaults, minimum and maximums

Again, thanks for everyones input! I'm very happy to join the ranks of my fellow VCP's!!!

0 Kudos
Superkikim
Contributor
Contributor

Resource Pools are not easy to understand. Therefore, when VMWare makes mistakes in the documentation, it is even worse. PAy attention when you read the docs... Learning a wrong stuff could be bad for the exam.

FYI, email sent today to docfeedback@vmware.com:

Resource Management Guide

Version: 2.0.1

Revision: 20060824

Item: VI-ENG-Q206-218

Page 78

Figure 4-8

The figure shows RP2 with two virual machines while the explaination above says the are three.

Additionally, the figure contains an error (probably due the mismatch with explanation): In the cluster root RP, Total Resources: 16G, Reservation: 14G, therefore Unreserved should be 2G. It would be 1G if the additionnal VM in RP2 was correctly drawed and then Reservation used would be 15G for the root pool.

I'd be glad to receive your confirmation I'm not mistaken.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Superkikim
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried the Testking VCE file. ver 9 and ver 10. They are very similar, and both contain mistakes...

This is a good practice way... you can challenge questions VS documentation, therefore, you will learn... But just learning the question and answers by heart is very dangerous.

First of all, because it is correct that VMWare regularly changes the questions, and also because it is full of mistakes.

Be warned.

0 Kudos
Superkikim
Contributor
Contributor

Installation and Upgrade Guide

Revision: 20060925

Item: VI-ENG-Q306-292

Page 28

"Storage"

The maximum number of LUN per ESX is 256, not 255

0 Kudos