VMware Cloud Community
erich81
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCB Proxy No "vcbSnapAll"

Hello Communitie,

Today I installed the last version from VCB for Windows. No problems with the installation!

My problem is that I did not found the .exe "vcbSnapAll" and also "vcbRestore". Can this be possible?!

Where are these commands?? I found a lot scripts in the INet with these commands!

Thanks for helping me!

erich

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
riker82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

probably because those commands are not in the framework but in the service console

If you take a look at Virtual Machine Backup Guide () you will see the " Using Service Console to Back Up and Restore VirtualMachines" section that explain those commands that you are looking for.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
celak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi erich,

There must be vcbSnapAll and vcbRestore commans around there. Please check your installation logs for eny error.

Did you upgrade your VCP Proxy or fresh install?

0 Kudos
erich81
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi celak,

now i tried the installation on three different machines (2VM´s and one XP-SP3 Physical) there are no problems with the installation and in the eventlog are no failures!!

On every machine it was a fresh installation! also i tried the older version from VCB, but the same problem! Did not found the files!

Than I searched this files on the disk! No files! (See the attached file)

You have this files after the installation?! If yes is it possible for you to send me this to files!

Thanks Erich

0 Kudos
riker82
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

probably because those commands are not in the framework but in the service console

If you take a look at Virtual Machine Backup Guide () you will see the " Using Service Console to Back Up and Restore VirtualMachines" section that explain those commands that you are looking for.

0 Kudos
erich81
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

so I studied the PDF-file and it looks really that both commands are only usable in the ServiceConsole!

Bad but what can I do!? Smiley Wink

I don´t undestand it but, it is how it is!?

Thanks for your help!

Erich

0 Kudos