VMware Cloud Community
dave01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCB Mounting Error

I have been trying to get VCB working on a test VM and I get this error.

The lun is published to the esx server as lunID 4 and to the windows 2003 host as lun id 4 and shows up in disk manager with the correct lun ID.

I have tired many restarts of the VCB proxy etc, there are no lun mapping errrors and there is no multipahing and there is physacly only the one path. VCB does create the snapshot but fails to mount it on the proxy

Any ideas?

Error: Error while opening disk blklst://snapshot-4301[VMFS_VCB_TEST]W2K3TestVM/W2K3TestVM.vmdk@virtualcenter:443?xxxx/xxxx: A virtual disk could not be opened. -- Cannot open disk file: Error : Disk library failed (Unspecified error). Unable to open 'blklst://snapshot-4301[VMFS_VCB_TEST] W2K3TestVM/W2K3TestVM.vmdk@virtualcenter:443'. Failed to configure disk scsi0:0.

An error occurred, cleaning up...

Deleted directory e:mnt\w2k3testvm

failed to prepare w2k3testvm for backup, PrepareForBackup() returned error 1

External command failed. See error above.

Exit Code: 1

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sonofploppy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What versions are you running with for ESX, VC and VCB?

Ensure that all these are the latest versions.

0 Kudos
dave01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK should have specivied versions etc

ESX 3.5 Virtual Center 2.5 VCB latest version build 64559

I checked the compatibility matrix and it should work according to the Vmware documents.

0 Kudos
dave01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It would seem that no too many people know of this error, I'm in touch with VM support to see if the can figure out what's happening.

0 Kudos
dave01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The problem was that the username for VCB didnt have enough permissions in virtual Center.

0 Kudos