VMware Cloud Community
Alaska_Rizk
Contributor
Contributor

VCB Backup Produces Error

I have been fairly successful in creating VCB backups but occasionally, I will run into an error where the snapshot creation times out. I get the following syntax. Any ideas on why I am getting these errors?

# vcbMounter -h 172.22.92.20 -u anthony -p Saturn13 -a ipaddr:172.22.95.20 -t fullvm -r /vmfs/volumes/MVIServer/TRACKIT

Current working directory: /usr/sbin

Error: Other error encountered: Snapshot creation failed: Operation timed out.

An error occurred, cleaning up...

Deleted directory /vmfs/volumes/MVIServer/TRACKIT

0 Kudos
4 Replies
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You might want to post this thread over in the ESX forums, you'll get a few more hits from those who use VCB.

http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/vi?start=0

• Kyle

-- Kyle "RParker wrote: I guess I was wrong, everything CAN be virtualized "
0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Your post has been moved to the VI: ESX 3.5 forum. Which version of ESX and VCB are you using?

Dave Mishchenko

VMware Communities User Moderator

0 Kudos
Alaska_Rizk
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I can't honestly tell you what version of VCB I'm using. Am using ESX Server 3.5. Concerning VCB jobs, I'm fairly new to them over the last 6 months and was able to get quickly trained to perform them by the consultant who implemented our VMWare environment. If there is a quick and easy way of finding out my version, please let me know and I can provide that info to you. Typically, I connect in to one of my two hosts through Putty from my VC Server. From there I perform the following commands:

su -

cd /usr/sbin

At the next root prompt, I paste in a command such as the following and my VCB backup job begins.

vcbMounter -h 172.22.92.20 -u anthony -p password -a ipaddr:172.22.95.21 -t fullvm -r /vmfs/volumes/MVIServer/TRACKITWEB

0 Kudos
AlbertWT
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi All,

How does one perform the multiple ESXi 4.0 VM backup using the VCB framework v1.5 + VCenter Server 4.0 and Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 in one server ?

I'm having problem in backing up Windows Server 2003 x64 VM without any iSCSI SAN mapped on it,

My backup process also stuck in error with the following error log:

*Create virtual machine snapshot Win2003x64_RSA01 Operation timed out.*any clue please ?

Kind Regards,

AWT

/* Please feel free to provide any comments or input you may have. */
0 Kudos