VMware Cloud Community
Aga003
Contributor
Contributor

VC disconnect from ESX server

We have a cluster with 2 ESX 3.01,32039 Servers (HP Proliant DL 580 G4, 8 CPus, 28 GB RAM, SAN Storage), and VIC.

When open a console, after some time (2h or 3h), one of this servers appears disconnect.

The Server is reachable using ping, ssh, ftp ..., I dont found any mistake or warning at link level (This Server are connect to Cisco 6509 1 Gb speed).

After execute "service mgmt-vmware restart" the system reconnect.

No Virtual Machines are sttoped.

Any sugestion?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dachapin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've have seen something like this before. The host disconnected while I was cloning 2 VM's at the same time (to a different host). I believe the service console is used to transfer data, so I think it may have disconnected during a period of high network activity over the service console interface.

Do you know what was happening in the ESX world when the your host disconnected?

0 Kudos
Aga003
Contributor
Contributor

The shutdown and restart process of vmware-magnament console run correctly,all process are shutdowning with ok, and startup also with ok.

At the moment we dont have any migration/clone process runnig at the nodes.

0 Kudos
MayurPatel
Expert
Expert

Check for any potential IP address conflicts with your ESX host which is disconnecting.

MP

0 Kudos
Aga003
Contributor
Contributor

To connect the vSwitch to the net we are attaching 2 ethernet cards into a EthernetChannel in a Cisco 6509 Switch (like a bonding connection).

The console is using other card with a 1Gb

I dont found any error via console (at Cisco Level)

0 Kudos