VMware Cloud Community
SDRpelletier
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgrade from 3.0.2

Hello everyone...New to VMware, sorry if this subject has allready been discussed. Running ESX 3.0.2, VC 2.5.0. Trying to upgrade ESX to 3.5. I downloaded the upgrade to 3.5 from the site, ran VMTS Patch Manager, was able to apply all missing updates, selected upgrade and it only gives me the option to upgrade to 3.0.2 update 1. I have downloaded version 3.5.0 build 70348.zip.

Sorry for the newby question, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks........

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Usually you will have to download the ESX 3.5 ISO, burn it on cd and reboot the ESX from this CD. The ESX 3.5 Setup will let you choose Upgrade as installation method and upgrade your system.

Kind Regards,

Gerrit Lehr

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gerrit_Lehr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Usually you will have to download the ESX 3.5 ISO, burn it on cd and reboot the ESX from this CD. The ESX 3.5 Setup will let you choose Upgrade as installation method and upgrade your system.

Kind Regards,

Gerrit Lehr

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Kind regards, Gerrit Lehr If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos