VMware Cloud Community
titomane
Contributor
Contributor

Update Manager : problems with isolated network

Hi,

ok so I'm still having problems with dynamic updating ESX 3.5but i prefer to make a brand new post instead of jumping in other "metadata is missing" posts.

I will post some more information as my investigation process will... proceed.

I have 2 ESX 3.5 here + an other physical server for VC 2.5.

The 3 server are already on production status.

Update manager is installed directly on VC server. As we have a process for patching VM with SMS, VUM will work only for host updates.

I followed admin guide to install UMDS on a PC that has direct connect to the internet. It's working fine, i can download fixes from jan 2008 until now.fixes are stored directly G:\vmware\hostupdate where G is my USBkey.

My main problem now is that i can't export files using vmware-updateDownloadCli.exe In my Repository. any ideas ?

see it there :

-

C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Update Manager>vmware-updatedownloadcli.e

xe -p Y:\Patches-ESX3.5 -f esx -v localhost -U ptcs07741_adm

Please type in password for user :

Connecting to VMware Update Manager Service to import updates

INFO - Successfully connected to Integrity.VcIntegrity

INFO - Get configure file information successfully

INFO - Set configure file information successfully

INFO - Waiting for a task to complete...

INFO - Update state: running

INFO - Update Progress: 50%

INFO - Update Progress: 100%

INFO - Update state: error

INFO - Download/Import task failed.

-

On my VC, i fixed VCI-integrity.xml :

<PatchDepotUrl>http://:MyServer@IP:80/vci/hostupdates/hostupdate +> as noted in KB 1004330

and :

-

Sheers,

Thomas

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

After the download with UMDS, did you export using vmware-umds -E to a location first before attempting the import with vmware-updateDownloadCli.exe. You can't import directly from the store without running an export, VUM admin guide:

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
titomane
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I did this to export to my USB key. My internet PC is not connected to my network directly. Next week i'm gonna try to put bundle manually in the depot (unzip to the good place) just to see if it works like this.

thomas

0 Kudos