client can connect without problems.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Lightbulb
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you have the Windows firewall enabled on the system disable it and see if your issue persists.

Message was edited by: Lightbulb The Windows 2008 system that is.

0 Kudos
GazOakley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Windows Firewall is already disabled. Netstat shows that vpxclient.exe has an established connection on port 902 so I'm assuming the network is fine.

I'm thinking its more of a display problem on the VI client machine - reading around it appears that a blank black screen normally appears even when network problems occur. At the top of the console display I can see when multiple clients are connected to the same console, just I get an empty white area underneath - seems like the console is connected but just won't display.

0 Kudos
Lightbulb
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Vmware tools installed on the guests?

Also try playing around with the display settings on the Win 2008 host. Weird problem though.

0 Kudos
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You also need to allow 903 TCP.... Remote Console uses this port also (along with 902 TCP). Both initiated from client to ESX host...

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

I agree with incandescent illumination, it would appear to be a visual graphics driver anomaly.

!http://communities.vmware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/5441/VMW_vExpert_Q109_200px.jpg|height=50|width=100|src=http://communities.vmware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/5441/VMW_vExpert_Q109_200px.jpg !

0 Kudos
GazOakley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've tried reinstalling the console, installed updated graphics card drivers, removed other VMware products and still no luck. I still just get stuck with a white display. I can't even see the BIOS as the VM boots from this client.

I can't afford to reinstall this machine right now, so this is a real PITA Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
GazOakley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So you can see what I'm seeing:

(See attached)

0 Kudos
billz0r
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you ever get this resolved? We have the same issue here except it's a black screen, no firewalls, I can telet on port 903 fine and it's the same fault from every computer (XP, Server 03 and Server 08).

Dan

0 Kudos
simtr
Contributor
Contributor

Checking if anyone has more infromation on this. I have same issue, but with a Black screen as above. Only happens to Win2k8 guests.

0 Kudos
BrentClark
Contributor
Contributor

I've also come across the white console issue. I've also found that one of our old user controls that is created using Visual C does not render on my machine. If I add it to a form in VB6, I can select it, but see nothing. I believe I've corrupted my VC runtime, but have not yet found a way to correct this. I'm hoping this extra information will help find a solution. My OS is Windows 7. I believe the VI console was working earlier.

- Brent

0 Kudos