VMware Cloud Community
Shamal_chalil1
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to open new vm console from VIC

Hai,

I have configured 3 esx 3.0 and VIC 2.0 . Also I have configured HA and DRS cluster .Now I am able to create new vm and I can do all other activities except consle window.

I am able to open console vm which is running on 1st esx server but I am not able to open other two.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

error comming when trying to open vm consloe from esx server is

cannot connect to host 172.29.157.27 : A connection attempt failed because the connected party didnot respond after a period of time,or established connection failed because connected host has faild to respond.You want to try again .

If I am pressing yes also I will get the same error.

I have restarted service mgmt-vmware also.

I can ping all esx server from VIC with IP as well as host name.

Please help me to solve this issue as soon as possible.

Regards

Shamal

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shamal_chalil1
Contributor
Contributor

Hai,,

kindly help me to solve this issue.....

0 Kudos
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This is usally because of a DNS issue....

For testing, try to put in the FQDNs for your ESX host, into your local host file on your client PC.

When launching a Remote Console from VC the client needs to be able to resolve the FQDN name of the host which the VM runs on, otherwise you'll see a error like this.

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
Shamal_chalil1
Contributor
Contributor

Actually I have 3 esx server which is configured in cluster mod (HA & DRS) All the esx host file I have already edited and I given all other esx server's Ip as well as FQDN also.

All esx servers are pinging each other with ip and FQDN or with host name also.

I am able to see console of VM which is running on 1st esx server but not able to see the console which is running on other two.

I can do all other activities except this.

Kindly help me.

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Try this :

Add the following to the /etc/vmware/config file in the VMware ESX Service Console:

vmauthd.server.alwaysProxy=TRUE

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos