VMware Cloud Community
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Triggered Alarms

By Default Data Center (VC Managed) has alarms, one of them being CPU host memory, which I deleted. However it was a pre-existing condition. I removed the alarms from the ESX Data Center, but the ESX host still shows the alarm, how do I delete this alarm from the host?

It shows that warning triangle on the host, and it is mocking me! I just want to delete the triggered alarm, is there a way to clear this? (Obviously if I could reduce the host memory usage, this would be one way, but I can't)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

I figured it out.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

For future reference if anyone else has a similar issue, could you please post your resolution. Smiley Happy

Thanks

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

You delete the trigger from the top level of your Datacenter. Then ALL triggers for subsequent hosts will no longer trigger.

0 Kudos
AndyShine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

An alternate solution (?)

I had a 'stuck' alarm on a VM. I went to where the alarm was defined (in my case Hosts & Clusters) and Edited it. I cleared the Enable Alarm check box and OK'ed it. This cleared my stuck alarm. I then went back in and re-enabled the alarm.

0 Kudos
bidDAVE
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. This worked for me. An alarm triggered days ago, and the red triangle still showed up. I disabled the alarm then reenabled the alarm. Stuck alarm went away...

0 Kudos