VMware Cloud Community
GaneshNetworks
Jump to solution

To simplify my patching work in ESX 3.5 environment

I have around 250 ESX 3.5 servers in my environment. Since a couple of week, i have patched around 180 servers with the build 238493. I am going forward to complete this task in the end of July. Here my question is: Is there any easy steps to identify which servers are patched and which servers are yet to patch.

Is it possible to get detailed patching analysis report of all servers, with the help of single click or just running any scripts.

All i want to do is to simplify my task. Advanced thanks for your suggestions.

Ganesh

~GaneshNetworks™~ If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You could use PowerCLI to get the hostname and build information. We have an older script that did that which I will paste below. It was created about a year ago so you may be able to tweak it.

Get-VMHost | Get-View | `

%{$esxName = $_.Name; Get-View -id $_.Moref}|`

%{$_.config.product}|

%{Write-Host $esxName, $_.build}

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

with that many ESX Hosts, you don't have a couple vCenter Instances and VUM? That would be the easiest way to do patch management.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You could use PowerCLI to get the hostname and build information. We have an older script that did that which I will paste below. It was created about a year ago so you may be able to tweak it.

Get-VMHost | Get-View | `

%{$esxName = $_.Name; Get-View -id $_.Moref}|`

%{$_.config.product}|

%{Write-Host $esxName, $_.build}

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos