VMware Cloud Community
DheereshLodhi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There are not enough licenses installed to perform the operation.

Hi All,

My host has disconnected suddenly, from VC HA&DRS inventory. I checked by connecting to Host directly, I found all VM and host both are running fine. I tried connecting inot VC inventory however, VC didn't allow me to add this host.

I got "There are not enough licenses installed to perform the operation." error message. I have attached screenshot for more understanding. Plz find attache screenshot below.

thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
beyondvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Check your license server and make sure it is still functioning.

---

If you found any of my comments helpful please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

www.beyondvm.com

--- If you found any of my comments helpful please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! www.beyondvm.com
0 Kudos
DheereshLodhi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

License server is the same VC server. Do I need to restart any service on it. It is going to impact anything in production environment?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

have a look at this KB article

http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1003623

0 Kudos
sflanders
Commander
Commander

Restarting the license server will not have any impact on your production environment. I have found that if you go to Configuration - Licensed Features - Edit and then select OK the license server may reconnect (thus could point to a correct license file on the ESX host even though other hosts appeared to be licensing properly). In addition, a patch exists that could potentially address this issue: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1010964.You can also re-generate your license file on the VMware site, add it to the license server and reload the license file (no impact on production systems).

Hope this helps! === If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful". ===
adolopo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What licensing model are you going by?

0 Kudos
krowczynski
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Download your lic file from Licensepage and put in itno the right directory.

After that restart your License Server and check it out!

MCP, VCP

MCP, VCP3 , VCP4
0 Kudos